Change your Windows logon background. It's easy just follow the instructions below or even better see the video.
* Navigate to %WinDir%\System32\oobe - (Hit start paste the path and hit enter)
* Create the following directories under oobe ( %windir%\system32\oobe\info\backgrounds\)
* In Backgrounds the name of the picture needs to be named backgroundDefault.jpg ( Please note that the format of the file does not matter)
* Size file needs to be 256 KB or less otherwise it will not work
If by any chance this does not work you may need to enable OEMBackgrounds option. To do so please follow:
* Hit Start and paste or enter ( regedit and hit enter)
* In the Registry Editor follow the following path
- CURRENT VERSION
* If not created then create the following:
- Rick click "new" and select DWORD
- Name it OEMBackground
- Right click modify it and set it to one
Log out or Restart that will do it !
For Windows 2008 R2 GPO Windows logon background updater:
Other with video: